Wednesday, January 6, 2010

German Limbers

Artillery limbers are not something that we get excited about. They are only on the table for a short time if at all but they represent an important piece of the game, especially in EW.


I was never really happy with how my LW limbers turned out. I did them with one pair of horses on a medium base. It just looked insufficient in the way it did not match up with the gun base and was not strong enough looking.


Actual limbers had six horses as pictured above.


I considered making custom bases. Long enough to hold all six horses and the gun would have been really cool but instead I went with what I had to save money and time. I mounted them on a large base which had room for four horses. It matches up with the gun base and looks strong enough. I need to create a mounted command team so the unit can have mounted and dismounted pieces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The collection is coming along nicely, Chris. Well done. Now on to HitT!!! :-)

I look forward to your next FOW1918 game.

Frank