Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why?


Why am I starting a blog that focuses on wargame terrain, especially 6mm (1/285, 1/300) scale? Well, I enjoy gaming and creating terrain at this scale. I have also found that there are a number of small manufactures of quality terrain that many people do not know about. Most do not have pictures of the products and like any normal consumer; I like to see what I am getting for my money. I plan on doing reviews, how to's and of course lots of pictures. So to get started here are a few older pictures of some Normandy terrain. I have since decided to change my building basing to the 3x3 Spearhead standard so you will see this village again but in a differnet config.
I prefer to create modular terrain so that I can use it in a variety of ways but want it to look pleasant. I am not a fan of the plan square felt patches.
I generally game DBA (in 15mm at the moment but 6mm some time soon), DBN (same, 15mm but want to do 6mm soon and am very inspired by the other bloggers that I will list later), Flames of War (in 6mm!), FOW1918 (this is a varient of FOW that I started and have worked on with the Yahoo group, game it in 15mm) and ModernFOW (another varient, 6mm).

3 comments:

Peter M. said...

Fantastic! I am just starting up in 1/300th scale ACW Ironclads and will be watching closely. I will probably end up looking for 1/300th scale ACW troops as well. I'll add you to my blog roll at http://corpcommander.blogspot.com

Huzzah Hobbies said...

Pete,
Thanks! I will be doing something on ACW/AWI buildings in the future.

Chris

Michael said...

Very nice collection of images there.
There is a lot of potential at this scale which is why I set up my own business that caters for 6mm gaming.

Keep up the good work and keep spreading the word!

Michael.